Would you like to make a difference in the lives of others? CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial invites you to be a part of The Volunteer Auxiliary.
Our volunteers provide assistance throughout the hospital from greeting guests and answering telephones to operating the gift shop and popping popcorn. Our volunteers enjoy flexible hours and many benefits! Positions are available in our Lufkin and Livingston facilities.
The CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary serves as a vital organization within the hospital system. Volunteers raise funds through the hospital gift shop, jewelry and scrub sales. In 2011, the volunteer group surpassed the $1 million mark in contributions to the hospital.
Proceeds from the popcorn sales go toward scholarships for local students wanting to pursue a degree in the medical field.
- Free lunch or dinner in the cafeteria on the day you work at the hospital
- Free uniform furnished by the hospital
- Free flu shot
- Free mammogram for females under 65 (Hospital pays what insurance does not cover)
- Free T.B. test
- Free valet parking
- Information Desks
- Admitting/Discharge Office
- Gift Shop
- ICU Waiting Room
- PCU Waiting Room
- Cardiac Catheterization Waiting Room
- Hospice in the Pines Inpatient Facility
- Cancer Center
- Outpatient Therapy Center
- Emergency Department
- Home Health Department
- Popcorn Machine
- Request for special areas can be considered
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Work 4 hours per week
- Flexible hours
- Wear the Auxiliary uniform
- Pay $5 annual dues