Temple Cancer Center
Some of the top experts in the field and the most advanced technology for cancer treatment are close to home at the Temple Cancer Center. Located on the CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial campus in Lufkin, the Temple Cancer Center is recognized for clinical excellence by the American College of Surgeons.
This accredited facility offers a full complement of radiation oncology services including:
- Intensity Modulated Radioactive Treatment (IMRT)
- Two Siemens Oncor Multi-leaf Collimator Linear Accelerators which precisely treat cancer utilizing finely focused radiation beams
- The first permanent PET/CT scanner in the area for detecting abnormalities in the body
- Fusing of PET/CT and MRI images for treatment planning
- A treatment simulator, used to precisely define a patient’s field of treatment
- Treatment planning capabilities using the most advanced computer systems, including 3-D, IMRT, and the Anatom-E System
- An extensive brachytherapy program using radiation sources internally to treat cancer
- CT-Based Simulation
- Access to on-going clinical trials and new treatment options
The Temple Cancer Center prides itself on treating the whole patient, not just the disease, by educating the patient on radiation therapy, nutrition, and the psycho-social aspects of having cancer.
Learn more about the services at The Temple Cancer Center by speaking with a member of our care team at 936-639-7468.