The Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center
Some of the top experts in the field and the most advanced technology for cancer treatment are close to home at the Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center. Located on the Memorial Health System of East Texas campus in Lufkin, the Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center is the only facility in the area to be recognized for clinical excellence by the American College of Surgeons and recognized as one of the top 25% cancer care centers in the United States.
This fully accredited facility offers a full complement of radiation oncology services including:
- Intensity Modulated Radioactive Treatment (IMRT)
- Two Siemens Oncor Multi-leaf Collimator Linear Accelerators which precisely treat cancer utilizing finely focused radiation beams
- The first permanent PET/CT scanner in the area for detecting abnormalities in the body
- Fusing of PET/CT and MRI images for treatment planning
- A treatment simulator, used to precisely define a patient’s field of treatment
- Treatment planning capabilities using the most advanced computer systems, including 3-D, IMRT, and the Anatom-E System
- An extensive brachytherapy program using radiation sources internally to treat cancer
- CT-Based Simulation
- Access to on-going clinical trials and new treatment options
The Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center prides itself on treating the whole patient, not just the disease, by educating the patient on radiation therapy, nutrition, and the psycho-social aspects of having cancer.
The Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center rises above the rest in cancer care. Learn more about our services by speaking with a member of our cancer care team at 936-639-7468.
Odds of Surviving Cancer Going UpThe odds of beating cancer have gone up significantly over the past two decades, thanks in large part to early detection measures and advanced treatment options at facilities such as... Continue reading
Cancer Center Receives 3-Year Accreditation with CommendationThe Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) once again granted Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to the Arthur Temple Sr. Regional Cancer Center. A CoC-accredited cancer... Continue reading
Living with Lung Cancer
“You have to have a positive outlook to have a positive outcome.”
While that may not be the easiest advice to live by for a cancer patient, Brenda Wileman’s strong faith in God and self has allowed her to overcome life’s obstacles, one chemotherapy and radiation treatment at a time.
Livingston resident Wileman was diagnosed with lung cancer in the Fall of 2012, and she shared her story during Lung Cancer Awareness Month, recognized in November each year.