Orthopedic Center of East Texas
The ability to flex, move, walk, and reach makes it possible to participate in activities that make life rich and full with experience. At the Orthopedic Center of East Texas, we offer the most advanced diagnostics, treatment, and technology with some of the top-rated orthopedic surgeons in the industry.
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Joint Replacement
- Repair of Fractured Bones
- Dedicated Orthopedic Team
- Orthopedic Nurse Clinical Coordinator
- Digital Imaging Technology
- Continuing Education
- Home Health Services
- Dedicated Orthopedic Center with updated patient suites that feature customized “hip” chairs
- Free Valet Parking (Lufkin Only)
- Curbside Assistance
- Personal Choice Dining (Lufkin Only)
- WiFi-Wireless Internet Connection (Lufkin Only)
The Orthopedic Center of East Texas is located within Memorial Medical Center—Lufkin and Memorial Medical Center—Livingston. As you begin your journey to better health, we ask that you schedule an appointment to pre-register for your surgery 1-2 weeks in advance. This will help ensure that your paperwork is expedited in a timely fashion. Additionally, during your pre-registration process, we will give you a brief tour of the facility.
What you need to Pre-Register
- Driver’s license or photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Insurance card
- All of your medications in pharmacy labeled bottles
- Doctor’s orders
- A list of allergies, previous surgeries, and any medical conditions
- A copy of any Advanced Directives, Living Will, Power of Attorney or guardianship papers, if applicable
Arriving at the Hospital
We encourage you to take advantage of our free valet parking in Lufkin. Simply drive to the hospital’s main entrance by the water fountain and one of our guest services representatives will safely park your vehicle in our reserved parking area during your visit. In Livingston, we offer curbside assistance. When arriving at your scheduled time, a Memorial patient care technician will greet you and take you to admissions.
Latest Technique in Hip Replacement Leads to Faster Recovery At Memorial Health System of East Texas
All through life, Patricia Bush experienced occasional problems with her left hip. She never thought much about it until the arthritis pain progressively became worse. Then her hip began slipping out of the socket. When she stood up, she would have to work it around until it popped back into place. That’s when she decided to visit Dr. Roy Guse at Texas Specialist Center and schedule a hip replacement procedure at Memorial Health System of East Texas.
Orthopedic Surgery’s Passport to Travel At Memorial Health System of East Texas
Persuaded by her children, eighty-six year old Melba Landry decided to move closer to her only daughter. Her energetic spirit and remarkable health gave Landry the confidence to begin the moving process. Unfortunately during the process, Landry encountered a knee injury.