Outpatient Therapy Center
The Outpatient Therapy Center is a 14,000-square-foot free-standing facility located next to CHI St. Luke's Health Memorial Lufkin at the corner of Franklin and Frank streets. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Center’s occupational therapy program focuses on assisting patients on regaining arm and hand strength, regaining independence in activities of daily living, and learning adaptive techniques to assist in overcoming a disability.
The Center’s physical therapy program focuses on decreasing pain and regaining strength in the spine, legs, and shoulders; regaining independence in movement; and in learning techniques to allow for independence in a person’s daily life.
The Center’s speech and language therapy program focuses on helping people communicate effectively, feeding and swallowing techniques, and applying adaptive techniques for problem solving to help with an independent and safe lifestyle.
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Hand Therapy
- Exercise Training
- Home Training
- Aquatic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Video Swallow Studies
- Specialist in Neurodevelopmental Techniques - patients suffering from strokes, traumatic brain injury
- Sensory Integration – pediatric population experiencing developmental delay
- Expertise in working with autistic children
- Indoor 10 x 10 therapeutic, heated pool complete with indoor changing facilities and an emphasis on 1:1 treatment
- Individualized care plans
- Interdisciplinary team meetings
- Warm, caring, and friendly atmosphere